Damascus Countdown

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Damascus Countdown

Post by Shadowbelle on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:58 pm

From Joel Rosenberg:
Time is running out, according to Bible prophecy.

Joel C. Rosenberg

(Washington, D.C., February 19, 2012) -- The butchery of the Assad regime is horrifying to behold. More than 6,000 Syrians have been brutally murdered by the thugs in Damascus. The evil Assad government must be brought down and brought to justice, or face judgment.

Bible prophecy tells us in Isaiah 17 and Jeremiah 49 that Damascus will be destroyed as a city in the last days. Scripture doesn't tell us exactly when or how this will happen, but I believe that day is steadily approaching. Indeed, it may not be far off. I'm currently writing a political thriller called "The Damascus Countdown" about how this could play out. (end quote)

I just finished reading Rosenberg's last book that came out in November; The Tehran Initative, which was a continuation of The Twelfth Imam. He must have some really good inside info because these two books are almost one step ahead of today's headlines regarding Iran and Israel. If things turn out the way they did in the Tehran Initative, he may not finish his new book. Scary stuff.

To me the Damascus prophecy might be the one thing that would get the attention of some of the unbelieving...heavy emphasis on the word "might."

Shadowbelle

Back to top Go down

Re: Damascus Countdown

Post by Pgfinest on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:25 am

I wish an event like that would grab the attention of many unbelievers, but I doubt it.

If they can't believe in prophecies concerning Jesus and His first coming, the restoration of the nation of Israel and Jerusalem and the worldwide spread of the Gospel (all prophesied), then I doubt they will believe even if Damascus is destroyed.

Reminds me of what Jesus said about not believing one having returned from the dead.

Pgfinest
Admin

http://alabamachristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbelle on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:25 pm

My thinking is that since the destruction of Damascus was prophsized but hasn't yet happened, then the unbelievers couldn't say that this was a "hindsight" prophecy and something made up by illiterates and goatherds. However, they do overlook the prophecy of a nation being born in a day, which is in the OT. So basically, you are probably right, becuase there are none so blind as those who refuse to see...but one can hope.

Shadowbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbelle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Read today that Syria is shelling Damascus.

Shadowbelle

Back to top Go down

Iranian war ships

Post by GENESISOne on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Where have those Iranian war ships docked? The ports in Damascus?

I heard today that it is the alliance among Iran, Syria and Russia (and possibly China) that makes the West reluctant to move against Iran and its "satellite country" of Syria. If I were knowledgable
about biblical prophency and NOT a Christian, I would be fearful about how those prophecies are rapidly lining up.
How many lives is the life of one brutal dictator worth?

This world is in a mess - at home and abroad. Nevertheless, God is in control.

GENESISOne

Back to top Go down

Post by GENESISOne on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Syria is bombing its capital, Damascus? Will they destroy Damascus in the destruction of their own people?

GENESISOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbelle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:39 pm

This what I heard,but I've been away from home all day and haven't listened to any news other than the local..

Do you think Israel will strike first (Iran)?

Shadowbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowbelle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Update from Reuters News:

»....AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian forces opened fire with live ammunition on demonstrators in Damascus overnight, wounding at least four, activists said early Tuesday as unrest continued to spread in the capital.

Demonstrations and clashes with security forces have hit Damascus in the past week, undermining President Bashar al-Assad's argument that an 11-month uprising has been the work of saboteurs and limited mainly to the provinces.

International diplomacy showed no sign of finding a solution, as Western powers and the Arab League prepared a meeting of "Friends of Syria" Friday to pressure Assad to step down, while Russia and China backed Assad's reform plans, derided by Syria's opposition.

"There were hundreds of demonstrators at the main square of Hajar al-Aswad (neighborhood), and suddenly buses of security police and shabbiha (pro-Assad militia) turned up and started firing into the crowd," activist Abu Abdallah told Reuters by telephone.

He said the four wounded were taken to be treated in homes.

Footage posted on YouTube, purportedly taken before the shooting, showed a crowd marching in Hajar al-Aswad carrying placards in support of the besieged city of Homs and singing "Eyes are shedding tears for the martyrs among Syria's youth."

Shadowbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by GENESISOne on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 pm

I believe Israeli intelligence is far superior to ours when it comes to Iran. Remember the virus released on Iran's nuclear computers? While political leaders stall and debate a course of action, it is a matter of survival for Israel.

I believe Israel will wait as long as possible before making a unilateral strike. And if it is done, the world will be in debt to Israel for removing the threat but they will be universally condemned and criticized (as usual), at least publicaly, for removing this horrendous threat to people in this part of the world. But an exchange of nuclear weapons will touch people on a global scale in many ways. Because of what will follow, sky-rocking oil prices and having to deal with other global repercussions, I believe the President will try to delay Israel's action until after the election. (Always political.)

This year may live up to all of its advance secular publicity.

We may live to see the fulfillment of the prophecy concerning Damascus.

GENESISOne

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top